Nokia N1: How to Install Android Lollipop on your smartphone [step-by-step]
How To update Nokia N1 to Android Lollipop?
Do you want to install the new version of Android Lollipop on your Nokia N1? We have no official news from Nokia about any official Android Lollipop update for Nokia N1, so at the end you have to switch to custom ROMs. This guide will help you go through the step-by-step manual to update your smartphone.
Before you download anything or update the mobile OS, make sure to do the following:
Nokia N1 Android Lollipop Update - Pre-Requisites
- Take a backup of all the data on your Nokia N1.
- Charge he battery fully (at least 90%)
- Use the following steps to enable USB debugging:
- Go to System
- Open About Device
- Tap on Build Number 7 times
- Go to Developer Options
- Enter the USB debugging option and enable it?
Step-by-step Upgrade of Nokia N1
For updating the device manually you have to download Android Lollipop ROM for Nokia N1 from the link on the next page.
The ROM File has been split in more files for your convenience because of big size.
Download page for Nokia N1 (will be opened in new window): click here
After successfully downloading all the files, put them together inside a folder and double click on the first file. The compressed file will automatically create a full build ROM. Keep the part files up until the job is done.
(Note: In case you suffer with the ROM, the biggest probability is the ROM might have got corrupted during the download process; only solution is downloading the ROM parts again and join them through the above mentioned steps.)
Steps to update your device Nokia N1:
- Download the Android Lollipop ROM files onto your computer from this site.
- Once all the files are downloaded, save them in a single folder.
- Double click the first file and it will create a ROM.
- Now connect your phone to your computer and move the Android_Lollipop_ROM.zip file to the phone’s memory card.
- Restart your Nokia N1 in recovery mode via the newly installed ROM manager.
- Return to Recovery Menu and select Flash ROM from the memory card.
- Restart your device